I am a Curly Hair Specialist with the motto of “Your hair doesn’t need to be ‘fixed’ – it needs to be ‘EMBRACED’ – and what I offer is a very different Service Experience than what all or most stylist or salons offer out there as they treat your hair as if there is something wrong with it or that it needs to be ‘fixed’. Most go to a training and add to their training as a Salon Menu Item along with Relaxing and Keratin Treatments that will ruin your Naturally Curly Hair. I only work with your curls as they are – and refuse to straighten them, I use NO comb or towel and NO flat ironing is allowed in my studio – why? Your hair does not need to be ‘fixed’ it needs to be “EMBRACED” – as your hair is beautiful and I will prove it to you.
I Have naturally curly hair myself and a deep passion for clients to receive a unique service totally catered to your wavy/curly hair. It is unlike anything you have experienced before.
When you come in…it is all about YOU. I have developed and expanded many methods and techniques and write about them in my MagiCurl blog, as well as, teach these methods to other Curly Hair Specialists around the globe. It is a lot of fun to have my clients on the same page with me as they read the blog and we communicate with very simple language that helps both of us with understanding how to work with your hair.
I also have a background that includes professional portrait photography which gives me an eye for what I call “natural fashion” hair. I will take before and after pictures of your hair to give you an idea for a vision for what we can accomplish based on your current routine. I will give you more tools to add to your knowledge to incorporate into your routine. This helps you to make it more second nature and very easy to work with on your own. You will always have the secure feeling of being able to contact me at any time for questions or concerns as you move along your Curl Journey once you become a client of mine.
I subscribe to the Curly Girl philosophy for clients with curl.
– North Carolina licensed 1986
– Advanced training Toni & Guy (TIGI), Dallas, TX (Specialized in fashion cutting)
– TIGI educator (Professional trade shows and private in-salon training sessions)
– Advanced color training Goldwell Color, Baltimore, MD
– Deva Inspired Stylist (Certificate)
– The CURLYS Method (my own training for stylist to learn about Curly Hair).
– Author of MagiCurl Blog
– Instagram @scottmusgravehair
– Authorized Retailer of Innersense, Jessicurl, Briogeo, Original Moxie, Mop Top, Raw Curls & Deva Products
– Creator of The MagiCurl Application Process (The MAP)
– Special guest Curly Hair Artist on Curly Girl Facebook page 2 times! – hosted by Lorraine Massey (author of Curly Girl).
– Founder Curly Hair Artistry – increasing the Salon Industry by developing new and creative options for Curly Hair Stylist moving into this area as a Speciality.
– Event planner and creator of Curly Hair Artistry (CHA) Symposium in Atlanta, New Hampshire and Detroit for Advanced Training along with Curly Hair Specialists from all over the world.
– Planner and creator of CHA Intensive in the Washington DC area – teaching multi cultural hair and product applications with other Curly Hair Artists from all over Canada and the USA.
– Voted one of 15 worlds best curly hair stylist. (WHAT AN HONOR).